Sunday, September 17, 2006

*Brendon's 1st Cold*

I feel like I've failed my son as a mother! Brendon has his 1st cold, and I can't do anything to make him feel better! Due to some changes at our shop, I've been working at the shop, and of course Brendon has been accompaning me. No worries, we got a play pin, and his excersaucer keeps him entertained as he watches his baby einstine. I know it doesn't compare to being at home, but for now we really don't have a choice.

The past few days have been pretty windy and I thought I had dressed him well according to the weather.....but I guess I was wrong....because my poor lil man has a runny nose and a mild cough. Thank God no fever, and he seems to be making the best out of it....but still, I can't believe I couldn't protect him from this damn cold! We had a real rough night last night.....so I let him sleep with mommy and daddy in our bed.

He still has an appetite (that's mah boy) and he still has his smile, so that kinda relieves me.....I just can't wait for him to get better! I did discover that he likes to taste his *mocos* with his tongue....but im pretty sure all baby's do =)

any mommys out there that have any advice anput helping my baby feel better while he has this cold?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ew.. that reminds me, i saw a little girl picking her nose and eating her stuff.. i mean, she was really digging for gold. :P

poor baby.. i hope he feels better soon!! :)

Anonymous said...

first, it's totally NOT YOUR FAULT. there's definitely something going around right now. Sammy's sick. All his friends are sick. The good thing is that it will make Brendon's immune system stronger.

tips for making him feel better: (1) run a humidifier in his room while he sleeps to keep the fluid from draining, but remember to keep the door open so it doesn't get all mildewy; (2) infant pediacare can help since it's a decongestant and a cough suppresant; (3) ok. this is going to sound kind of sick but you're his mom :) Umm...sometimes with sammy, i put my mouth over his nose and suck out his mucus and then pull it all out with his bulb syringe; (4) sometimes, if all else fails, i've just held sammy and fallen asleep with him on my shoulder while sitting in the rocking chair since being upright would help him feel better, but i've only done that twice. don't want to start any bad sleeping habits.

hope this helps. hope brendon feels better soon.

grace said...

awww, don't beat yourself up over it! i don't have any advice for his cold... but i do know that it ain't your fault! :)

Anonymous said...

awww poor baby.

sorry, mama, i don't have any advice. just remember that kids get colds. what can you do?

Barbara aka Yooni said...

Julia: Thanks...he(we) are feeling much better! How are YOU feeling?

Linda: thank you Linda for ALL the advice. Brendon's nasal congestion wasn't that bad...the blue suction thing worked just fine...but i will keep in mind what you said...my mom said she had to do that to me once when i was really sick as a child. How is Sammy?

Grace: I know you're right...but especially now that I'm sick :(

LE: yeah...thr first of many to come.eh?