Thursday, July 20, 2006

*A Serious Moment*

I was watching the Christian channel tonight (yes, I watch the Christian channel), and one of my favorite Christian singers, Natalie Grant was giving a testimony about a couple she knew. That couple had been trying for years to have children when the doctor finally told them that the wife could not carry a child. They were good, faithful Christians, and took what the doctor told them as God's will. After a few months later the wife found that she was pregnant, they gave birth to a healthy baby boy. They were so grateful and knew that this child was a gift from God, and literally a miracle. They would tell other couples having difficulty conceiving their story and give encouragement. When that baby was two months, the new mother went to check on her baby who was napping in his crib. She found her new baby boy, her miracle lying breathless in his crib. The baby had died of SIDS.

I just could not stop crying....I HAD to go and hold my baby after hearing that testimony. Brendon is our miracle, and God's gift to us. I just can't imagine what that couple went or is going through. Even more so, I am soooooooooooooooooo grateful for my child. There are times when I am just soooo tired and worn out, that I forget that our Brendon is a blessing.

3 comments:

terrytofu said...

I totally know what you mean. We are so blessed to have healthy babies even when they do drive us crazy. Regarding your last poost, are you feeling better?

grace said...

*gasp*

how scary! :(

Barbara aka Yooni said...

Terry: Yes we are! And yes, I am feeling so much better! Thank you!

Grace: I know!!!!