Friday, July 14, 2006

*A Whole 7 Inches*

I've been fighting myself about chopping off my locks! I've had fairly short hair all throughout my highschool and college/gradschool days....so I was liking my long hair do. Now that I'm a mom, and I'm running around doing minor things for our shop, I just don't have time to play with my hair. I never do it, and it's always up in a pin anyhow. Aside from the heat, my hair just felt limp and heavy.

So today, I walked into the salon and told the lady," I dont know what kind of do I want, but I need to go a bit shorter". She then said, "trust me". Who knew she was going to chop off 7 inches, that's right 7 inches. I can't even twirl it up into a bun anymore. I like the fact that it feels much lighter...but it's not much cooler, im still hot! I haven't played around with it much, I'll probably .....er....hopefully get around to doing that later tonight.

So I officially feel like an ahjuma, and an *ae umma* My locks kinda made me feel like I was still young and sassy.....but i don't know, ppl are saying my hair looks alot better. I'll have to post a picture after I play around with it. Here's a picture to give you an idea of how short.

Oh, yeah.....and i did do a good thing. I donated my hair to an organization called Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I was kinda shocked that a korean salon was involved in things like that...but it made me feel really good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look more young and sassy now! much better.

so what are you saying? short hair = ahjuma hair
whatevah!

Kat said...

can't wait to see the new do mama... i'm sure it's fierce!!!